This is a seasonal dish as we get fresh or green Toor/arhar/pegion pea pods/beans in winter. This side dish is very tasteful and goes well with steaming hot phulka or bhakari. Give it a try and I am sure you will love it!
1. Green toor seeds 1 big bowl (I had deseeded almost 500gm toor pods/beans)
2. One large onion, finely chopped
3. 4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
4. 1 green chilli, finely chopped
5. Fresh coriander for garnishing
6. 4 tbsp oil
7. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
8. 2 tbsp red chili powder
9. 1/4 tbsp mustard seeds
10. Salt to taste
1. Finely grind the toor seeds and green chilli together using mixture grinder. Grind it raw.
2. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and let it crackle
3. Add chopped onion and fry till translucent
4. Add chopped garlic and let it fry for 1-2 min.
5. Add the ground toor seeds and chili paste. Mix well and cook till the mixture starts changing color. If it is too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water. Cover and cook for few mins.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and mix well. Cook till oil starts separating
Off the flame and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot as side dish for lunch or dinner with Phulka, Bhakari or chapati.
While serving you can add ground nut oil on top.