Cabbage muthia is a delicious steamed Gujarati snack that can be enjoyed at tea time or served as starter. It needs just few handy ingredients and can be made in short time. Here I will show you easy recipe that you don't have to make many pastes etc.
1 cup finely chopped cabbage (you can grate it with fine grater)
1/2 cup besan flour
1 cup jowar flour
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp finely chopped green chili
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp curd
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
4-5 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped coriander
Water, as needed
1. To save time, use vegetable chopper/food processor to finely chop cabbage, green chili, ginger & garlic together.
Alternatively you can grate the cabbage & make ginger, garlic, green chili paste in mixer
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely cabbage, ginger, garlic, green chili mix, add besan & jowar flou
3. Add turmeric powder, chillipowder, sugar, salt, curd & lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Gradually add water and knead the mixture into a smooth dough. The dough should be firm but soft
5. Divide the dough into equal-sized portions and shape each portion into a ling cylindrical shape.
Place the cylindrical shapes in a steamer and steam for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Once cooked, remove the muthia from the steamer and allow them to cool slightly. Cooked ones will look slightly deep in color.
Cut the muthia into thin slices and keep them aside.
7. On flat tava or pan, heat oil and shallow fry muthia on both sides.
8. You can make separate tadaka & add or on same tava add jeera, pour some oil over it & let is crackle. Mix it with muthia. I like to sprinkle very little sugar at this stage too, but you may skip too
9. Remove the muthia in serving plate and garnish with fresh coriander
Serve the cabbage muthia hot with chutney or tomato ketchup!
Enjoyed it. YummyliciousReplyDelete