This is quite easy and I have used whatever vegetables I had at hand. You can keep a small stock of thick noodles and soy sauce and you can make this Hakka noodles anytime quickly with regular few veggies also. As I mentioned earlier, cabbage and garlic are prominent so don't skip those.
Let's get to the recipe directly
1. Thinly Chopped Cabbage
2. 1 Finely Chopped Carrot
3. 2-3 tbsp Finely Chopped Capsicum
4. 2 tbsp Finely Chopped onion (optional)
5. 4-5 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
6. 2 green Chilies slit7. 250g Noodles8. 4 tbsp Soya Sauce
9. 3-4 tbsp Oil
10. Salt to taste
11. 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
You can also add other vegetables of your choice like mushroom, babycorn, spring onion, etc.
1. To cook noodles boil enough water such that the noodles get fully covered with it. Add half tbsp oil and salt to the water.
3. Once the noodles are cooked and soft, transfer them to the colander and quickly pour room temperature water on it. Let all the water drain.
5. Add carrot and cook it for a minute or so.
6. Next add chopped capsicums and let it cook slightly.
8. Add little salt to the vegetables.
9. Add the Soya Sauce to the vegetables mix.
11. Adjust the salt if required. Remember that Soya Sauce has its own salt and we have added salt to the noodles and vegetables while cooking.
12. Switch off the flame and add vinegar. Mix well.
Delicious Hakka Noodles are ready to serve!