This is my most favourite strawberry recipe to make in season. It's east, quick and makes great jam for you bread, paratha etc. Bonus, no artificial color, no preservatives!
1. 7-8 fresh, fully ripe strawberries
2. 2 cup sugar
3. 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash and dry strawberries and cut into pieces
2. In mixer make smooth paste of strawberries. Do not add any water
3. Transfer strawberry puree in heavy bottomed pan and mix sugar. Mix well
4. Cook this mix on medium flame, continuously stirring
5. After around 6-7 mins, you can check the jam consistency by dropping a cooked mix on clean plate. Rotate the plate and if the jam drop stays in place, with very little flow to it, jam is ready. If it is running, then cook for few more minutes and again do the drop test. If overcooked, jam will become hard on cooling.
Below is how it looks in drop test.
This below picture is just after turning flame.
6. If drop test is successful, add lemon juice and mix well. Lemon juice avoids crystaling of sugar and also acts as natural preservative
7. Off the flame. Your jam at this point might appear thin and loose, but it will settle after cooling. Once it is luke warm, transfer to clean glass jar and let it cool fully before placing lid.
Enjoy your fresh, homemade Strawberry jam! You can keep it outside fridge easily for around 1-1.5 month. For longer you can store in fridge.
Kitchen Gyan: Make is small batches so till you get exact idea of when to turning off heat gives consistency of jam that you prefer.