I was looking for something to munch of with the evening tea and also something which I can make over weekend and store for week to satisfy that evening hunger pangs.
So I turned up to this methi mathari which makes it perfect companion for the tea. What else, you can much it just like that anytime.
1. 2 cups maida
2. 2 tbsp kasuri methi
3. 1 tbsp cumin seeds
4. 2 tbsp hot oil
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil for deep frying
1. Mix maida, kasuri methi, cumin seeds and salt in a bowl
2. Add 2 tbsp very hot oil and mix well with a help of spoon
3. Using lukewarm water little at a time, knead into a stiff dough. Set aside for 10-15 mins
4. Divide the dough into equal parts and roll into circle. Keep the thikness approx 2mm
Using cookie cutter cut into small circles. Prick with fork on each small poori.
5. Deep fry on slow flame till golden brown and crisp
Cool and store in airtight container. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea