Usually there are many recipes available for cutlet..here I am putting one that is invented by my BIL and has very basic and few ingredients!!
A perfect Sunday morning breakfast, which my 14 months kiddo also enjoyed!!
4 medium sized potatoes
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup freshly cut coriander
1/2 cup thick poha
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tpsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tpsp roasted cumin powder
Oil to shallow fry
Salt to taste
1. Boil & mash potato and green peas
2. Soak think phoha with water till soft. Drain out excess water
3. In a large bowl or plate, mix mashed potato, green peas, soaked poha and cut coriander
4. Now add turmeric, chilli powder, garam masal and cumin powder and mix well (Can add 1 tbsp lemon juice as well)
5. Grease hands with little oil, take a portion of the mixture and give shape of a cutlet(you can use cookie cutter to get different shapes)
6. Spread bread crumbs in a plate and roll the cutlet in it so that all sides are covered with bread crumbs
7. Heat pan and place the cutlet on it. Shallow fry till both side turn golden brown
8. Serve hot with tomato ketchup
Photo coming soon...
Kitchen Gyan: You can make fresh bread crumbs using plain rusks. Grind the rusks in mixer and your bread crumbs are ready!