Well this is purely fusion that was created when thinking to make something different, attractive and tasty. Though the base recipe came to mind from white dhokala that my mom makes, this is much quicker version.
As this is fusion of instant khaman dhokala and idli, I named it Khaman Idli..and trust me your little ones will like it for sure in their lunch box.
1. 1/2 cup idli batter
2. 4 tbsp besan(gram flour)
3. 1/2 tsp Eno fruit salt
4. Salt to taste
5. 1/2 tsp sugar
6. Oil for greasing plate
1. 5-6 curry leaves
2. 2 tbsp oil
3. 1/2 tsp rai
4. 1/2 tsp jeera
5. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
6. 1/4 tsp sugar
7. 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
8. 2-3 tbsp water
1. Mix idli batter and besan together. Use very litttle water if batter is too thick. Final batter should be just pouring consistency.
2. Add salt, sugar and Eno fruit salt and mix well. Keep aside for 5 mins
3. In a greased plate, pour the batter and steam it for 10-12 mins.
4. Once done, check with inserting knife. if it comes out clear, khaman idli is ready
5. Cut the steamed khaman idli into euqal traingular pieces
6. Heat the oil, add rai, jeera, curry leaves, sesame seeds, turmeric powder and off the flame.
7. Carefully add 2-3 tbsp water to this tampering. Add sugar and mix well.
8. Spread the oil-water tampering on the steamed khaman idli plate.
Let it soak the water for while. Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney