Kadhi is one satisfying side dish that can lift your moods almost immediately and also soothes your digestive system. Kadhi is made with buttermilk mostly and each region has it's variations of making kadhi taste unique.
1. 1/4 cup tbsp tamrind soaked in a cup of lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes
2. 3 tbsp besan
3. 2 tbsp grated jaggery
4. Few curry leaves
5. 1/2 tsp rai
6. 1/2 tsp jeera
7. 1/2 tsp methi Dana
8. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
9. 1 tbsp red chili powder
10. Sallt to taste
11. 2 tbsp oil
1. Make tamrind pulp with soaked tamrind in same water. Discard the solid pieces of tamrind after removing all pulp
2. Add the besan to this tamrind water and mix well so that no lumps are left
3. Add salt, red chilli powder and mix well and keep aside
4. Heat oil in pan, add rai, jeera and curry leaves. Add methi dana and let it fry well
5. Add turmeric powder and give it a quick stir
6. Add tamrind and besan mix to this. Add another 1/2 to 3/4th cup water to adjust consistency to that of kadhi.
7. Add grated jaggery and mix well
8. Bring to boil
Serve hot with rice or khichadi.
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch