Tomato che saar is a traditional Maharashtrian tomato side dish/soup. It is yummy, easy to make and sure to lift your mood if you are looking for something to satisfy you taste buds. You can have it with rice, khichadi or just drink a cup of it for evening snacks time.
1. 4 medium tomatoes
2. 1/4 cup fresh coconut pieces
3. 3 cloves of garlic
4. 1 tbsp red chili powder
5. 1/4 th tbsp sugar
6. 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
7. 1 tbsp oil
8. 1 tbsp ghee
9. few curry leaves and 1 dry red chili
10. Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook tomatoes with some water for 2 whistles. Cool them completely. Peel of the skin and discard it.
2. In mixer, add cooked tomatoes, coconut pieces, garlic and grind to fine paste.
3. In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chilli to it. Add 1 tbsp ghee to this
4. Add the tomatoes, coconut paste, salt, red chili powder and sugar.
Add water to adjust consistency like that of soup
Bring it to boil.