Wanted to make something chatpata yet hutke today when I got my hand on the corn kernels that I had. So decided to make this crispy corn. This is easy to prepare, no mess recipe if you have air fryer at hand. I used my Samsung Smart Oven's Slim fry mode which is just perfect for this recipe and also has a pre-loaded setting for this dish. Though with the quantity I made, the exact timing of the pre-loaded setting was not sufficient, so I ended up cooking ~27 minutes on slim fry option.
If you have air fryer, you can use similar time, or keep checking every 10 minutes for crispiness. I am not specifying exact time here as I don't want to restrict the recipe to specific appliances.
It is also fine to shallow fry/deep fry the crispy corn, only in that case make sure your batter used for coating is slightly more moist than used for air frying option so that it does not spread in oil. Also make sure to fry in small batches.
1. 2 Cup fresh sweet corn kernels
2. 4 tbsp corn flour
3. 2 tbsp red chilli powder
4. 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper powder
5. 1 tbsp honey
6. 1 tbsp lemon juice
7. Salt to taste
8. 6-7 tbsp oil (if deep frying, 1/2 cup oil for frying)
1. 1 Medium sized onion, cut into thin slices
2. 1 tbsp spring onion (I have used spinach mircogreens as I just wanted to use them :) )
3. 1 tbsp Chat masala
4. 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper powder
1. In a bowl take corn kernels and add 4 tbsp corn flour, chilli powder, salt, 1 black pepper powder, honey and lemon juice
2. Mix gently so that all corn kernel are covered well with corn flour and spices
3. Add 2 tbsp oil and mix gently. Keep doing so till corn kernel are coated well and moisture is absorbed well. If corn kernel are too dry, use 1-2 tbsp water to coat with flour. Keep it aside for 10 minutes
4. Grease the crusty plate with oil and spread the flour coated kernels on it. Drizzle some more oil over and fry on slim fry option for ~27 minutes.
If using Samsung Smart Oven use crispy corn setting.
5. Keep checking and stirring occasionally
If deep frying, fry in small batches till corn turn crispy and slightly golden from outside.
6. Garnish with onion slices, spring onion greens, chaat masala and black pepper power
Serve yummy crispy corn as snacks or starter (or even have it for breakfast like we did ;) )!
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch