When it comes to adding variety to your meals and also making them healthy, I always turn back at our Indian traditional recipes. One such is this Raw papaya subji, that makes it eating raw papaya so easy. Raw papaya also helps in digestion along with providing vitamin A, C and many other micronutrients.
I personally don't prefer counting nutrients and vitamins of any vegetables and fruits, as nature is the best nutritionist and balances it all for us. I believe as long we consume it in moderate quantity all fruits and vegetables will always provide benefits. So let's get going with our recipe.
1. 1 small raw papaya
2. 2 medium onion
3. 2-3 green chillies chopped
4. 3 tbsp grated fresh coconut
5. 6-7 curry leaves
6. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
7. pinch of sugar
8. 1 tbsp lemon juice
9. Salt to taste
10. 1/2 tbsp rai
11. 3 tbsp oil
1. Wash & peel papaya. Grate it with medium side of grater. Also peel and grate onion.
2. Apply salt and turmeric powder to grated papaya and onion mix and keep aside for 10 mins
3. Heat oil in a pan and add rai. As it crackles add curry leaves and chopped green chilli
4. Add grated papaya and onion mix to the pan. Mix well, cover and cook for about 5-7 mins. Keep stirring occasionally.
5. As the papaya cooks it will turn translucent. Add salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Cover and cook another 3-4 mins
6. Off the flame and add grated fresh coconut. Cover and keep for 2-3 mins
Raw papaya subji is ready to serve. Have it with hot pulka or chapatis.
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch