Well the weather is not so hot in Bangalore anymore with rains being around almost throughout the week. But what you do when you have ample of tender coconut ?? Yes so I finally got a chance to make this very favourite ice cream of mine!! And the recipe is extremely easy, so next time you drink that coconut water, don't forget to get that malai/tender coconut home and try this satisfying ice cream!
1. 1 cup tender coconut pieces( use the thick malai, usually in a bigger sized coconut)
2. 1 cup condensed milk
3. 3/4 to 1 cup milk ( preferably full cream)
1. In a mixer jar add the tender coconut pieces and around 3/4 cup milk and grind it to fine paste
2. Add condensed milk to the coconut mix and pluse the mixer 2-3 times
3. If too thick you can add some more milk to get paste of pouring consistency( not too thick not too runny)
4. Add in ice cream or candy moulds and keep in freezer for setting overnight ( 8-12 hours)
When fully set, hold the mould under running water and gently release the ice cream.
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch