Here is another way to include pulses in your meals in easy and interesting ways. I like to explore using day to day ingredients in unusual ways and this is one such recipe where the appe are made with yellow moong daal and trust me they make a feeling breakfast or snack
1. 1 cup yellow moong daal. Soaked overnight and drained
2. 1 tbsp ginger paste
3. 1 green chilli chopped
4. 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
5. 1 small oninion chopped
6. 1 tbsp Eno fruit salt
7. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
8. Salt to taste
9. Oil for cooking
10. Water as needed
1. Mix soaked moong daal, ginger paste,green chilli, coriander leaves , saltand turmeric powder and grind it to fine paste using little water at a time.
2. Make batter of idly/cake cosistency
3. Add chopped onion and mix well
4. Keep aside for 15 mins
5. Add Eno fruit salt and mix gently
6. In Appe pan, add little oil and add the prepared batter in each section of pan. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
7. Turn and drizzle with oil. Cook for another 3-4 mins till appe are light brown on all sides. You can also insert a fork in appe and check if it comes out clean to ensure appe are fully cooked.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup
I have never tried an indian recipe before but I do know for a fact that most of their meals are pure vegan the moong daal looks like a nice dish shitaal thanks for the recipeReplyDelete
Thank you for visiting and glad that you liked! Surely you will like Indian food, specially if you are looking for vegetarian or vegan options! Keep visiting!Delete