Simple no onion garlic preparation of chole that I often like to make on festival days so that it can be served even in Bhog thali.
You can try this simple main course dish even otherwise also and be assured it will satisfy your taste buds.
1. 1 bowl chole/cheakpeas soaked overnight
2. 1/3 cup fresh coriander chopped
3. 1/2 inch piece of Ginger
4. 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds powder
5. 1-1/2 tbsp gram masala
6. 1 tbsp red chilli powder
7. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
8. 1 tbsp gram flour(besan)
9. 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
10. Salt to taste
11. 3 - 4 tbsp oil
12. 1 tea bag (or 1 tbsp tea powder tied in muslin cloth)
1. Add water to chole and Pressure cook chole for 3 whistles. Also add the tea bag while cooking and very less salt.
The tea bag will help to get black-brown color and aroma to chole. Discard the tea bag and extra water after chole are cooked
2. In a mixer bowl, add coriander, ginger, coriander seeds powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and grind to fine paste
3. In a pan heat oil and cumin seeds. As it crackles, add the cooridander-ginger-masala paste prepared and saute 2-3 mins
4. Add cooked chole and mix well so that all chole are covered with paste. Adjust salt as per taste
5. Sprinkle besan over chole mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
5. Serve with hot pulka and garnished with salad
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch