Ragda patties is surely one of favourite chat dish that is filling and satisfying. Again this also can be made with most ingredients at hand like most of my recipes.
Though the preparation and recipe is slightly lengthy, its worth the end results!!
So if you are planning that weekend party or high tea party or just craving for chat surely try this one!
1. 1cup (green/yellow) peas, soaked overnight and pressure cooked till soft
2. 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
3. 2 medium tomato finely chopped
4. 1 medium potato boiled and roughly mashed (This gives thickness to ragda)
5.1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
6.1/2 tbsp turmeric powde
7. 2 tbsp red chilli powder
8. 1 tbsp garam masala
9. Salt to taste
10. 3 tbsp oil
1. 4 large sized boiled and peeled potatoes
2. 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
3. Pinch of sugar
4. Salt per taste
5. Oil/butter for shallow frying
1. Sweet and sour tamarind chutney 3-4 tbsp (Red chutney)
2. Coriander-mint chutney 3-4 tbsp (Green chutney)
3. Nylon sev 1/2 cup
4. Finely chopped onion, tomato and fresh coriander, 2-3 tbsp each
5. Chat masala 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in pan and add chopped onion. Fry till translucent
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1-2min
3. Add chopped tomato and let it cook well
4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala and mix well
5. Add salt and cook the mix for another minute. It should start separating oil by now
6. Add boiled, mashed potato
7. Add cooked peas and mix well
8. Add water to adjust consistency and bring to boil. Ragda is ready
1. Mash boiled potatoes and add salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well
2. Divide into equal parts and roll into patties
3. Heat little oil/butter in a tava and cook patties till golden brown on both sides and keep aside
Before serving, assemble the patties as needed in each plate. Pour generous amount of steaming ragda on the patties.
Add sweet and sour chutney, green chutney and garnish with chopped onion, tomato, coriander, sev and chat masala..
Serve hot and yummy ragda patties!