Simple variation of thepala with spring onion is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you full for longer.
And a bonus is, your kids will eat the spring onion greens..
So try this thepala for breakfast or lunch box with some pickle or just with peanut chutney(which you can find here) or tomato ketchup..
1. 1/4 cup spring onion greens finely chopped
2. 1 cup whole wheat flour
3. 1/4 cup gram flour(besan)
4. 1 tbsp sesame seeds
5. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
6. 1 tbsp red chilli powder
7. 1 tbsp lemon juice
8. 1 green chilli chopped (optional, I didn't use)
9. 1/4 tbsp sugar
10. Salt to taste
11. 1 tbsp oil to knead dough
12. Oil to apply on thepala
13. Water as needed
1. Mix all ingredients (except oil and water) in a big size bowl
2. Knead into soft dough using water as required.
3. Apply 1 tbsp little oil to the dough and knead again
4. Divide the dough in to equal size portions and roll into flat circle
5. Heat tawa (flat pan/dosa tawa) and place the rolled thepala on it
6. Once it starts sowing bubbles, turn the side
7. Apply little oil on both sides and cook till golden brown
I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.ReplyDelete
Thank you for that kind comment!!Delete