For the weekend I wanted to try something simple and tasty, what turned into mooli/radish meal altogether. With Mooli Paratha being much common, its green leaves subji is not so common dish.
Usually my mom never throws away the mooli greens and makes this subji as accomplishment.
Though I find Radish leaves are generally most neglected. Mostly you would get it removed while buying the radish itself. However next time you get radish get those greens also. Not only they taste great, they are highly nutritious also. This radish leaves subzi with basic ingredeints makes a tasty side dish and also goes very well with parathas.
For Paratha Stuffing:
1. 1 cup grated white radish/mooli
2. 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
3. 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
4. 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
5. 1/2 tsp carom seeds
6. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
7. 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
8. 1 tsp garam masala
9. 1 tsp lemon juice
10. Pinch of sugar
11. 1 tbsp oil
12. Salt to taste
For outer cover:
1. 2 cup whole wheat floor
2. Salt to taste
3. Water to kneed
4. 1 tbsp oil to kneed dough soft
To make stuffing:
1. Press the greted radish in your palms and remove excess water
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, carom seeds and as it crackle, add ginger paste and fry for 1 min
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and grated radish and mix well
4. Add salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Cover and cook till radish is cooked soft.
5. Add coriander, mix and keep aside to cool to room temperature
Kneed soft dough for outer cover
How to proceed:
Divide the dough in equal parts.
Take one dough ball and roll into small circle. Keep a spoon full stuffing, cover from all sides, and Very gently roll into paratha.
Cook on hot tava/griddle applying oil on both sides.
Repeat with all the parathas
1. 1 cup finely chopped radish leaves
2. 3-4 tbsp corasly ground roasted peanut powder
3. 1 small green chilli finely chopped
4. 1/4 tsp rai
5. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
6. 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
7. pinch of sugar
8. Salt to taste
9. 2 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in pan and add rai and green chilli
2. Add chopped radish leaves. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, sugar and peanut powder and mix well.
4. Cover and cook for few more mins till the greens are cooked soft
Optionally can add little lemon juice before serving.
Wow..loved the recipe.. :)ReplyDelete
Thank you UK. Keep visiting.Delete
You have a excellent site!!