Good old 'phodanichi poli' that is fried Chapti with a veggie twist. This is a preparation with leftover Chapatis or phulka. If you not comfortable with leftovers, then use freshly made chapati, cooled to room temperature.
1. 4-5 chapati
2. One medium size onion, cut into strips
3. Red, yellow, green bell paper cut into long strips, around 1/2 cup
4. Purple cabbage or regular cabbage cut into long strips, 2 tbsp
5. Broccoli florets, 1/4 cup
6. 3 tsp red chilli powder
7. 1 tsp turmeric powder
8. Slat per taste
9. 1 tsp jeera
10. 2 tbsp oil
11. 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1. Cut chapati into 3-4 inch strips
2. Heat oil in pan and add jeera
3. As it's done, add onion and fry till it becomes golden brown
4. Add broccoli, cabbage and fry for few mins. Then add bell papers. Fry for another few mins
5. Don't cook the vegetables too soft,slight crunchiness should be maintained
6. Add the cut chapatis.
7. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sugar and mix well
8. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins on low flame. Stir occasionally if required
Serve hot..as such you don't require any side dish with this. But you can serve with raw mango pickle or any pickle of choice.