Happy Sankranti to all my dear readers!!
This wad quite sometime assignment for me make Til wadi without using Gud or jaggery..ok the motivation behind not using gud was two fold. One I don't easily get good quality chikki gud here which is more sticky than regular one. Secondly obviously make the wadi/chikki more healthier.
So here is a successful result if you also want to try something new this Sankranti.
1. 1 cup dates, de seeded and chopped
2. 1/2 cup Til/ Sesame seeds
3. 4-5 Almonds finely chopped
4. 2 tbsp ghee
1. Dry roast til till they start crackling and release aroma. Keep aside.
2. In same pan, roast the chopped dates for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
3. Cool dates to room temperature and then run through mixer to make fine paste.
4. Heat pan again and add the dates paste and keep stirring with a flat spoon.
5. As it starts getting softer add the roasted til. Mix continuously. Add 2 tbsp ghee ans mix well.
6. Roast another 2-3 mins and transfer the chikki on greased plate or butter paper and quickly spared into thin layer
7. You may keep pressing it with one hand to keep together as it will be less sticky than gud chikki.
8. Sprinkle chopped almonds and press again.
9. After 2-3 mins cut into pieces and cool to room temperature.
Store in air tight container.
Enjoy...तिळगुळ घ्या गोड गोड बोला !!