Its been quite sometime I got to write on kitechkatta..Firstly wish you all a very Happy New Year 2016!!
Long vacation kept me away for sometime and also kept super busy..but how can I forget kitchenkatta!! It kept on my mind all the time. So finally I decided to write it today..
Well, it very cold here this winter..In such a weather, what one wants is steaming hot dinner which can be cooked quickly..so that you can enter you cozy blankets quickly :-)
So here is a quick yet tasty sujbi to accompany hot phulkas or daa-rice.
1. 1/2 cup fresh green peas
2. 1/2 cup, carrot peeled and diced
3. 2 medium size potato, peeled and diced
4. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
5. 1 tbsp redchilli powder
6. 1 tsp garam masala
7. 1/2 tsp sugar
8. 3 tbsp oil
9. Salt per taste
10. 1/4 tsp rai-jeera mix
1. Heat oil in a pan, add rai-jeera mix
2. As it crackles, add potato, carrot and green peas
3. Mix well, cover and cook for 5-7 mins till carrot and potato sfoten
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, sugar and salt. Mix well and cook another few mins till the oil starts separating.
Enjoy hot with chapati, pulka or daal-rice.
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch