Today I am sharing this main course recipe of Bharali Vangi or stuffed brinjals.
Brinjals is one of versatile vegetable that is prepared in many ways in my home.
1. Small size brinjals 5-6
2. 1 medium onion finely chopped
3. 1 medium tomato finely chopped
4. 1/2 cup roasted peanut
5. 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
6. 2 tbsp red chilli powder
7. 1 tbsp garam masala
8. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
9. 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
10. 4 tbsp oil
11. 1/2 tsp rai
12. pinch of hing
13. Salt to taste
14. Water as needed
1. Make roasted peanut powder and keep aside
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Fry till it becomes translucent.
3. Add chopped tomato and continue till tomato become soft.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and mix well
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, peanut powder, salt and chopped coriander and mix well. Stir fry for 1-2 mins. Cool to room temperature and grind to fine paste in mixer
6. Wash brinjals, cut the stem part and give two crossing cuts to binjals ensuring that the pieces does not separate out
7. Stuff the prepared masala paste in all brinjals and keep aside
8. Heat remaining oil, add rai, hing and add the stuffed brinjals. Stir for a minute. Add all remaining masala paste, add water, cover and cook till brinjals are cooked and oil starts separating. Add water as needed while steering occasionally.
Serve hot with phulka, chapati or rice.
Nice recipe :)ReplyDelete
Thank you AnjaliReplyDelete