Hello friends ..Next Lunchbox series recipe is here..Well this humble Idli, I have fallen in love with its versatility. From multi grain to this colorful Carrot & Spinach Idli, all are super hit with kids lunch boxes..Give it a try
For Idli batter:
1. 3 cups of idli rice
2. 1 cup urad daal
3. 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds/ methi dana
For making colored batter:
1. 2-3 carrots
2. Bunch of spinach
Salt as per taste
1. For idli batter, soak idli rice & fenugreek seeds together in water over night or 7-8 hours. Soak urad daal separately over night or 7-8 hours.
2. Grind the rice, fenugreek seeds and urad daal to a soft paste using very little water. Mix all together in circular motions using a long spoon. Paste should be of dropping consistency. Rest 7-8 hours for fermentation.
3. Once the batter is ready add salt and mix gently
4. Peel and cut carrot into pieces and grind to smooth paste.
5. Grind spinach also to smooth paste separately.
6. Divide the idli batter into two parts and add carrot puree to one part and spinach puree to another and make orange and green mix ready
7. Make a idli mold/cooker ready. Now pour a ladle of green batter in each idli mold, little less to completely cover the mold. Now gently pour the orange batter in the center. Repeat for other idlis.
8. Steam for 10-12 minutes. Remove and serve hot or pack in lunch box
1. With 15th August around and everything turning tri-color, you can also make tri colur idlis with this batter by adding white batter in between green and orange ring!!
2. You can also use beetroot puree for pink color. And can create multiple layers by adding alternate color batter
Post a Comment
Lets get in touch