Here comes an interesting pickle from my MIL's kitchen!!!
Bitter Gourd Pickle though seems strange initially, I am sure you will enjoy it
1. 2 Bitter gourds
2. Pinch of Asafoetdia (Hing)
3. 2 table spoon red Chili powder
4. 1 table spoon roasted Jeera (Cumin Seeds) powder
5. 1 table spoon Coriander seeds powder
6. ½ table spoon Turmeric powder
7. ¼ cup Oil
8. 3 table spoon lemon juice
9. Pinch of sugar
10. Salt for taste
1. Peel bitter gourd, de-seed it and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan & deep fry the bitter gourd pieces. Fry it until they turn brown.
3. Take the bitter gourd pieces from the oil and keep it aside. Do not drain the oil.
4. Now in the same oil add hing, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, salt and stir well till in the masala turns slightly brown in color.
5. Now add the fried bitter gourd pieces to it and stir it for 2 minutes.
6. Add sugar and lemon juice and mix well
7. Let the pickle cool and store it in an airtight container. The Bitter gourd pickle is ready.
Consume the pickle within 2-3 days if you do not planning to keep it inside the refrigerator.
Gourd Pickle are my favorite.ReplyDelete
I really like your recipes. They are made to be simple so that you do need to do elaborate preparation. Also, Thanks for always sharing these tips with us. You always encourage me to be consistent and i have been learning and practicing all your tipsReplyDelete
Its a nice blog. I like this information. It useful to me. Thanks for writing this article.ReplyDelete