With milets in form again, these ragi shewai are easily available. I purchased through a pooular online grocer.
One more addition to quick and healthy breakfast.
1. 200 gram ragi shewai
2. 1 medium onion, chopped
3. 2-3 tbsp green peas
4. Few curry leaves
5. 1 green chilli, chopped
6. 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
7. 1 tsp urad daal
8. Few curry leaves
9. 4 tbsp oil
10. 1/2 turmeric powder
11. 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
12. Salt to taste
1. Soak the ragi shewai in room temperature water for 3-4 minutes and drain the water completely. Do not roast it like regular shewai
2. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, urad daal and let it turn slightly brown
3. Add curry leaves, green chilli and fry it
4. Add chopped onions and fry till translucent
5. Add green peas and let them cook slightly
6. Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder and let their fry for another 1-2 minutes
7. Add soaked ragi shewai and mix gently. Cover and cook the upma on steam for 2-3 more minutes
Yummy ragi shewai upma is ready to serve! You may garnish with fresh chopped coriander as well..