Winter effect again!! Here is a healthy salad with fresh ingredients and colors that are so satisfying.
Fresh strawberries are in market and I wanted to make something unusual with it, when this salad popped on my mind. The sheer color combination of golden corns, green capsicum and red strawberries is so good to look at and the mild sweet-n-sour taste of this salad is just as good!!
In this post I am also sharing another good thing happened to me and to kitchenkatta as food blog!
Check out my interview HERE where I talked about eating local and fresh on www.couponsji.in blog. Coupnsji is interesting place to know great ongoing deals, sales and latest trends..
Well so coming back to our fresh salad!
1. 1 bowl fresh corn kernels
2. 1 medium sized green capsicum, finely chopped
3. 7-8 medium sized strawberries, finely chopped
4. 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
5. 1/2 tbsp all purpose seasoning
6. Salt to taste
1. Add 1/2 cup water and 1/4th tbsp salt to corn and boil it for 5-10 mins. Don't over cook corn.
Drain and let the corn cool to room temperature
2. In a bowl, add cooked corn(cooled to room temperature), chopped capsicum, chopped strawberries and mix well
3. Add chilli flakes and seasoning and adjust salt if need. Mix well.
You fresh salad is ready!
Kitchen Gyan: Mix you salad in vegetable drainer so that it the veggies release water, it gets out from drainer and salad does not become soggy.