Weekends are special with special breakfast and if you want to make something with ingredients at hand and also quick and healthy then this is perfect recipe.
My family loves appe in any form and when they are made extra healthy then its over in no time!
1. 1 ans 1/2 cup oats
2. 1/2 cup rava
3. 1/2 cup sour curds
4. 1 tbsp chilli-ginger paste
5. 1 small oninion chopped
6. 1/2 tbsp Eno fruit salt
7. Salt to taste
8. Oil for cooking
9. Water as needed
1. Roughly dry grind oats in mixer jar
2. Mix the ground oats, rava and curd together. Add water as need to make batter of idly/cake cosistency
3. Add chopped onion, chilli-ginger paste, salt and mix well
4. Keep aside for 15 mins
5. Add Eno fruit salt and mix gently
6. In Appe pan, add little oil and add the prepared batter in each section of pan. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
7. Turn and drizzle with oil. Cook for another 3-4 mins till appe are light brown on all sides. You can also insert a fork in appe and check if it comes out clean to ensure appe are fully cooked.
Serve hot with Coconut-roasted gram daal green chutney.
Coconut-roasted gram daal green chutney:
This version of chutney I usually make when I am mostly out of fresh coconut.
So this is most of with ingredients that are at hand most time.
1. Dry coconut slices around 1/4 cup
2. Roasted gram daal (Dalya/Pandharpuri daale) 1/4 cup
3. Handful of fresh coriander leaves
4. 6-7 fresh curry leaves
5. one green chilli
6. 1/2 tsp jeera
7. Salt to taste
8. Pinch of sugar
9. 2-3 tbsp mild sour curds
10. Water as needed
Optional for tadka:
1. 1 tbsp oil
2. 1/2 tbsp rai
3. pinch of hing
4. 1 dry red chilli
1. Add dry coconut slices, roasted gram daal, coriander leaves, curry leaves, chilli, jeera, salt, and sugar in mixer jar and grind to fine powder. It will be slightly damp.
2. Take the ground chutney in a bowl, add the curds and mix well. Add little water to adjust cosistency and mix well.
3. You chutney is ready. You can add tadka as well as per below steps. I have not added to avoid that extra oil :)
4. Heat oil and add rai and red chilli. As it crackles, add hing and off the flame.
5. Add hot oil tadka to the chutney and cover for a min or two. Mix well and serve.