Simple trick to get over the left over rice. Try these crispy cheese balls as snacks or starters.
1. Leftover rice around 2 cup
2. 2-3 tbsp besan
3. 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
4. 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
5. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
6. 1 tbsp red chilli powder
7. 1 tbsp daniya powder
8. 1/2 tbsp sugar
9. 1 tbsp lemon juice
10. Sal per taste
11. 1/4 cup small cut processed cheese cubes (I have made mine much tiny bite sized)
12. Oil for deep frying
1. If the leftover rice has become to hard, then use little water and mash it with your hands such that it mixes completely and all rice is neatly mashed.
2. Add besan, turmeic powder, red chilli powder, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, salt, lemon juice to the mashed rice and mix well.
3. Add coriander and cheese bites and mix gently. Do not crumble the cheese pieces. Gently bring all dough together without kneading much.
4. Now apply little oil on your palms and divide the rice-cheese dough in small portions and shape in balls on around 1 inch size. Make all balls and keep aside
5. Deep fry the balls till golden brown on all sides.
Serve with tomato ketchup or chutney of choice.