So again after long time here I come with easy and quick one dish meal for Friday dinner which will surely give you a great relief after long hectic week long work.
Methi-Moong Daal khichadi with added goodness of Brown Rice will serve as comfort food on a cold-rainy evening, specially the kind of weather we are witnessing in Banaglore over last week.
Be rain or not, try out this simple recipe and leave a comment down as how you like it.
1. 1 cup Brown Rice
2. 1 cup While Rice
3. 1 cup Yellow Moong Daal
4. 1/2 cup tbsp Kasuri Methi
5. 5-6 whole black pepper(मिरे )
6. 1/2 tsp jeera
7. 1/2 tsp rai
8. 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
9. 1/4 tsp hing
10. 2 tbsp red chilli powder
11. 1 tbsp Maharashtrian goda masala (or Garam masala if goda not available)
12. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
13. 3 tbsp oil
14. Salt per taste
15. Water for cooking
1. Wash brown rice, while rice and moong daal together, drain water and keep aside for 10 mins
2. In pressure cooker, add the washed brown rice, while rice and moong daal, pinch of hing, turmeric powder, enough water and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles (water should be almost 2.5-3 inches above the daal-rice mix. Water required may vary based on rice you use, but the final khichadi consistency should not be too thick.)
3. Let the pressure remove completely before opening. Add salt and mix the khichadi well by gently pressing with a ladle
4. In a Kadhai/pan heat oil, add rai, jeera and black pepper. Add remaining hing.
5. Add chopped garlic and fry it for 1-2 mins. Add kasuri methi and give a quick stir
6. Add redchilli powder, goda masala and quickly add the cooked khichadi and mix well
Cook it for another 2-3 mins.
Serve hot with Papad and pickle of your choice.